"traders browser"

Is there anyone who's added components or used scripts with
Internet
Explorer that would care to share their experiences to
enhance browsing.
For example, I visit several sites each of which I have to
enter an ID
and password and then drill down to the info that I want.
I'd like to
automate this "getting in the way" stuff to the point where
I just click
an icon on the toolbar and the appropriate window opens.

I've played with utilities like Macro Express and
argument-filled urls,
but its still kludgey. At times I've seen other programs
launched from a
toolbar and that seems to be the more efficient. I'd
appreciate any
comments.

Thanks in advance
Colin West