Re: New Laptop Wish List

In a message dated 12/27/2001 4:07:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
omega-digest-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 10:53:40 -0800
>  From: "Kim McAdams" <kmcadams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  To: "ALL" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>  Subject: New Laptop Wish List
>
>  Hello All,
>
>  I am looking into a new laptop to trade futures on the road (have internet
>  will travel). Are there any tidbits that anyone would be willing to
>  enlighten me... such as ram size/type, hard drive size/type, screen size (I
>  see Dell has a larger screen than the rest of the pack)... and the all
>  important optional equipment and portable extras; such as possible docking
>  station, etc...
>
>  I have been using Win2000 and very happy with it and can use Tradestation
>  4.0 or 2000i. Any suggestions of what to do or not to do? Thank you in
>  advance...
>
>  Prosperous Trading,
>  KM

I think the  Gateway 9550 has the largest screen - 15.7".  It usually comes
as 1280x1024, but some models have 1400x1050.   The Dell 15" goes as high as
1600x1200.  Those will be MIGHTY small icons.

Most of the Gateway 9500'S also have dual display mode - the external video
is actually a second display output, so you can run dual monitors on a
laptop!  I don't think any of the Dell's have that.  Some Sony's, Fujistu's
and HP's do.  But their main LCD is 15".

donc