Re: I/O % TS 4 server

I run TS4 with a dual 500 MHz PIII using NT4.  The
dual PIII has advantages that the second CPU can
handle the system stuff and leave TS4 to the other
processor.  I am on BMI satellite and save *all* stock
and index info that BMI sends - that's 25,000 symbols
- without problems.  I think too much noise is made
about the high CPU use - it is running serial poll on
the serial input and that will take all CPU time that
other processes do not need - that's all.  I think the
big thing is saving to disk every 'x' minutes.  I
think this is where you get gaps in the tick data.  I
leave the "Save Tick Data Every x minutes" unchecked.
I have an UPS to handle power problems so keeping the
data in memory is not a problem.

~Bob