Re[2]: Backup headaches - off topic (ghost 7 enterprise)

Hello Omega List,

This is how our IT department loads, unloads, backup an entire hard
drive and it's content.  I highly recommend this technique is you have
multiple computers and have a network.
Here are a couple of nice little things we do with ghost 7.0
enterprise edition:

1) ghost a newly install or back up current os setup to a network
server.  you can create an image using ghost and upload it to a
server.  you'll need the enterprise edition for this since the server
needs to be running a different component of ghost to receive the
image file from the local work station.

2) bring down images off the server and load/restore them onto local
workstations.

3) multicasting, which is bringing down/restoring a image file from
the server onto multiple workstations at once.  "set it and forget it"
(copyrighted by ronco, maker of food dehydrator).
Only use this technique if your workstations are identical in nature,
i.e. chipset, motherboard, video card, etc..

4) explorer.  in the enterprise edition, ghost has an 'explorer' which
allows you to go into the image and delete certain files that you do
no want.  i'm not sure whether or not you may add to the image, but i
believe you could.

I use to use an old version of disk keeper until i migrated to win2k
and dk didn't support ntfs.  i spent about 3 hours today looking
around ghost for various things as well as for the usb cdrw issue.

fwiw from a guy who knows more about computers than trading :)

--
Wishing You Happiness,
 Tai                            mailto:csuslistproc@xxxxxxxxx