RE: Re[2]: variable declarations within EL?

"as is most of the OS and browser software from Microsoft"

This is interesting.  Grant it there are problems with Microsoft software
but Microsoft software is perhaps the most complex software out there
(Windows is a complex OS) so in my mind there are bound to be issues.  The
only more complex software would be Macintosh and if it wasn't for Microsoft
ripping off Apple, more of us would probably be driving Macs.  OS2 wasn't in
the same league.

And Omega is by no means in the same league as Microsoft.  Microsoft has
good ideas farily well implemented.  Omega software is full of good ideas
but not all that well implemetned and seemingly with a careless attitude.
To extend the same critisim towards Microsoft I think is a bit harsh.  They
at least try to fix their bugs, they come out with regular patches that fix
the major issues and they keep coming out with new patches until a new
version is released.  Vis Studio, and the Office suite (as well as games and
educational, financial software) are examples of good solid Microsoft
software.  IE may have security issues but I prefer it to Netscrape.  It's
not that bad.  And if more people used Netscrape you would see more
problems.

Windows ME is an example of the worst MSFT OS (and Win2K is an example of
perhaps the best.  Omega is a different animal entirely.  When they fix
bugs, they introduce new ones, and when theeir bug fix priority seems more
geared towards marketing hype than it does product usability.  People in the
software business strive to replicate microsoft software becasue it sets the
standard and always has and probably will for a long time to come.  Even the
worst Microsoft sotware is heads and shoulders above an Omega offering.

Brian.