Placing Stop the SAME day

Hello all,

I was wondering how to place a protective stop on the same bar as when a
trade is entered.  I'm going crazy trying to figure this out.  TS wont let
me do it for the same bar.  When I use the "Enty Bar $ Stop" function
included wtih TS it places the stop order based on the previous bars close
NOT based on my entry in the middle of the current bar.  How do I get a stop
in place based on my already initated trade.
The system I'm using goes long or short based on prices going up or down by
a certain amount.  (ie.--  it has the potential to go either long or short
on a paticular day...it initally places a BS or a SS order and when one it
hit then I'm in.     BUT after I enter this position....How do I place, for
example a 3 point stop on the same day ?

any information on this would be a releif.
thanks,

--Jason

PS:    These are daily bars.                      and I think I've confused
myself even more.