Regular maintenance

If your TS seems to be getting sluggish, remember you need to defrag
your system disks occasionally.

My TS was taking forever to bring up new charts.  I ran my defragger
and discovered the 600MB TS database (40SIG.dat) was fragmented into
75 THOUSAND pieces!!!  I defragmented it and now it brings up charts
about 5x faster.

This is on NT4, using NTFS.  I use Diskeeper for defragmentation, but
I don't particularly recommend it.  (However I think it's built into
W2000 and probably XP.)  There's a handy and FREE utility for NT /
W2k / XP at http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/contig.shtml
that will force any one file to be contiguous.  You can use that to
keep your TS database streamlined.

Gary