RE: Wish I had a source file compare for EL

> Yes, that would be high on everyone's wish list..... but here is
> something that will do the job, albeit it's a bit of a chore:
> http://www.componentsoftware.com/rcs/maindnl.htm

That's a decent change-tracking system, if you want to maintain a
complete history of all changes to your code.

But it's a bit of overkill if you're really just looking for a tool
to compare between two versions of a file.  As Alex said, the Unix-
style "diff" command would be a lighter-weight solution.  (But only
if you can handle the Unix-style command-line interfaces.  The tool
at http://www.nisnevich.com looks pretty snazzy too.)

You can get a copy of "diff" and a bunch of other goodies at
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net.  I've used a similar package on an
older W95 system.  I haven't used this Sourceforge package (yet :-),
but it's probably very solid.

The Sourceforge package seems pretty light on documentation, but you
can also find the GNU documentation for diff at
http://www.gnu.org/software/diffutils/diffutils.html

Somebody was asking where TS keeps the source files.  As far as I can
tell, for TS4 at least, it doesn't.  TS apparently stores the code in
an encoded/encrypted form.  I think the only way to get at it is
within the Power Editor.  You'd have to cut/paste between the Power
Editor and whatever diff tool you use.

Gary