TS2k data backup techniques?

I have lost data quite a few times as a result of TS2k crashes. About
a third of the time the server loses ALL the data. In these cases, a
reindexing will restore the data about 2/3 of the time. The remaining
1/3 leaves me with a totally data-free server!! :-(((

I have taken up exporting all the data on a regular basis, because
restoring from the data-free state is such an enormous PITA! However,
this takes a VERY long time, as does the reindexing (a few hours, at
least) because I have a lot of data.

I am considering just copying the server files to another dir, and
backing that up instead. Would you know the EXACT files that must be
copied to fully restore the TS2k server to the state before the crash,
and with NO errors from doing the restore?

Thanks,

ztrader