Re: TS2k data backup techniques?

Hello ztrader,

Saturday, December 01, 2001, 5:30:25 PM, you wrote:

z> I have lost data quite a few times as a result of TS2k crashes. About
z> a third of the time the server loses ALL the data. In these cases, a
z> reindexing will restore the data about 2/3 of the time. The remaining
z> 1/3 leaves me with a totally data-free server!! :-(((

z> I have taken up exporting all the data on a regular basis, because
z> restoring from the data-free state is such an enormous PITA! However,
z> this takes a VERY long time, as does the reindexing (a few hours, at
z> least) because I have a lot of data.

z> I am considering just copying the server files to another dir, and
z> backing that up instead. Would you know the EXACT files that must be
z> copied to fully restore the TS2k server to the state before the crash,
z> and with NO errors from doing the restore?

z> Thanks,

z> ztrader
  I have done it several times. From the Omega Program Folder
  I copy the Server Folder and the
  Universe Folder to another drive.  If I get a Server crash I just
  shut down the program and copy the old files back to the omega
  program folder and restart back at the point I made the copy.

  I expect there are files in the folders that don't need to be
  replaced from the backup but this is easy and works for me

--
Best regards,
 Roger                            mailto:mailrs@xxxxxxxxxx