Re[2]: Off topic : Email

On Friday, November 30, 2001, 6:36:28 AM, Don Ewers wrote:

DE> Excuse the ignorance but I since I have lost all saved emails to
DE> specific folders (twice) courtesey of OE updates in the past two
DE> years (probably me but who knows and not retreivable, even they
DE> gave up),

A problem, in part caused by M$ insisting on usually-incompatible
formats. TheBat can save mail in multiple formats, all of which are
compatible with other non-M$ software. This is, for me, a very
important feature, as I save emails to a data base. That way, they are
easier to back up, I can read them with other programs, and I can find
anything in a flash.

DE> how difficult is it to install the Bat?

Very easy, but - I do have to warn you that their documentation is not
that good, IMHO. You will find it easier to join the email support
group - mailto:tbudl-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. This is very good,
with many helpful people and very quick replies to questions.

DE> Am I able to transfer all saved emails over to it "easily".

Yes, but I don't know what, for you, qualifies as 'easy'. :-)

DE> Once completed I assume I uninstall OE5.0?

I would.

DE> Have you gone through the process personally?

Not really. I tried OE for a bit, decided 'no way', and had very
little to move.

DE> Bat cost and website?

$35  at http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html

HTH,