Entryprice

Is there an easy way to reference the entry price of the current market
position in order to exit at a loss of so-many points?

I've been trying to use entryprice it to exit:

   if c<entryprice-10 points then exitlong

but according to the manual, entryprice returns the price of the entry
so-many periods ago. I'm not quite with this. Using entryprice(0),
entryprice(1) and entryprice(2) produces three different results.

The system can enter the market in several ways but entries don't have a
specific price (buy next bar at open, for example).

Can anyone help with this, please?

Cheers,
Ian