Bug fixes through reboot?

Anyone else has experienced obscure EL bug fixes through reboot?  Just
finished wrestling with a bug that simply could not have happened in the
following code:

MP = MarketPosition;

If MP = 0 then begin

	{ some stuff here }

end;

The problem was that the things inside "if" got executed pretty much
independent from MarketPosition.  I spent about 2 hrs (!) trying to find
what's wrong, and eventually rebooted.  Now everything works as it is
supposed to work without any additional need for debugging.  This has
happened to me in the past in Win 95, Win 98, Win 2000, and now eventually
in Win XP.

Ivo