Re: TradeStation 2000i with DirectX 8.1

You may recall that last week I posted a problem with line thickness:

>... and now TradeStation 20001 plots all lines
>and points with only the minimum thickness line, no matter how I set
>the desired line width.
>
>Does anyone know of a fix? Someone vaguely recalled seeing a registry
>change to fix this but I could not find it.

TradeStation Support sent me a prompt answer:

>Please check the following setting in the program:
>
>1. With a chart active, click on View | Chart Options.
>2. Select the General tab.
>3. Make sure the option "Auto-size bar width when bar spacing
>   changes" is not checked.
>4. Click OK.
>
>If you are experiencing this problem when this setting is not
>checked, please let us know.

I recall seeing that option and had checked it at some point to see
what it did and forget to uncheck it. The problem was unrelated
to the new DirectX 8.1 release, just a coincidence.

I asked them what that option had to do with the width of indicators
but they didn't know. Seems to be another undocumented "feature"...

I suggest you not check that option on your machine.

Thanks to all who responded.

Bob Fulks