RE: which pork prices to use

In an effort to be brief, perhaps I wasn't clear.
When commercial producers sell hog futures (or whatever)
it's very different from insiders selling stock.
They can fade a trend in the futures for years while
their "cash" position gains with the trend. It's not
to say there is no value in studying the commercials,
just that it may not be obvious why they do what they do.

I was going to say check out CTS' long term charts, but:

http://www.cftc.gov/enf/00orders/enfcts.htm

Try:

http://www.cftc.gov/cftc/cftccotreports.htm

BW