Rules-modelling trading software

I would like to know what software is available to let a person design
his/her own system of rules to select trades.
(If such a list has been posted, I would be grateful for a reference to it.)
Besides (of course) TradeStation, I know of only:
* NeuralShell by Ward Systems Group (http://www.neuroshell.com and
http://www.wardsystems.com) publishes Trader, Trader Pro and Day Trader Pro
($800, 1400 & 2300).  Neural network helps you choose your rules.
* PowerST by RDB Computing (http://www.powertesting.com), a "collection of
software for trading system research and actual trading". costing from $2400
to $5000.  According to proprietor Bob Bollotin, it lacks charting and
intraday capabilities (now, anyway), has been on the market for some ten
years, is constantly expanding according to customer's wishes.  My
impression is that it can do anything which Easy Language can do (in an
abbreviated form of the C language) and a good deal which EL cannot.  He
appears to work closely with a small number of clients and is responsive to
them.
* Programmer's Tool Kit by FMLabs (http://www.fmlabs.com) publishes C and
Vbasic code to construct your own system ($200).  This is targeted at
Windows but might also be used under Unix.
* RealTick (http://www.realtick.com) is a bit of a mystery; I gather that it
is software connected with a data feed which is configurable, somehow. Site
by someone who does not seem to have used or seen whatever the product or
service might be.
* The Free Market Project (http://freemarket-project.org) seems to be a
collaborative, writing software called FreeMarket (I think) - possibly like
TradeStation.  It is being written in C++ and I have the impression that it
will run under Unix/Linux but, because it is a volunteer effort, there is
hardly any documentation.  Still, sounds like fun and might be worthwhile
(some day).
of people who write - and share - fancy spreadsheets to do some of what
TradeStation does.  Volunteer, maybe worthwhile for self-sufficient person
who wants to learn Excel well and does not want to spend a lot for software.
* Someone suggested mathematics-modelling software, such as MathLab.
Are there any useful alternatives to TradeStation's Easy Language?  There
may be (I can hope) a lot more software which lets you construct your own
trading system.
Who knows about it?
Jim Wixson