LastBarOnChart work-around?

LastBarOnChart seems to execute more than once on tick charts. If
anyone has found a way to get it to work reliably, but just once on the
'real' last bar, I'd appreciate knowing how.

Otherwise, would the following work-around eliminate the multiple
executions in real time? I realize it would not execute on each 'last
bar' - I'm trying to avoid multiple executions on the same bar.

if LastBarOnChart and time <> LastLBtime then begin
   LastLBtime = time;
end;

Any potential problems with this?

Thanks,