Built in Stops

I know the built in stop subject has been discussed many times. However I
have used them for the past 2 1/2 years trading stocks. Although there is
sometimes a change in the price a position is stopped out (I keep a written
log of all the trades) after the data is refreshed overnight .  I think this
is more related to the bouncing tick settings in TS .

Perhaps I'm missing something here is it the combination that's  the problem
i.e. bouncing ticks and built in stops ?

How would hard coding a stop in a system provide a different outcome?

Regards

Randy Smith