Fixing date range in TS4

I have a Custom Data List in TS4. Data in the CSI files are from 1/1/80 -
Present. However, for backtesting, I want to fix the date range to something
in between, like 1/1/90-12/31/89 for example whenever a new symbol is loaded
without having to manually enter the date range every time I hit the arrow
button. Currently, whenever a new symbol is charted, TS loads the default #
of bars back from the last date in the file. I have tried disabling this per
TS documentation by setting the default # bars to 32000, but TS always
changes this value to 13000 automatically. IOW, I am not able to disable
this.

Any suggestions other than rewritting the CSI files so that the last date in
the file is 12/31/89 and setting the default # bars to load to whatever it
takes to get back to 1/1/90?

TIA,

Scott Hoffman