Re: Indicator based on BID and ASK

Zoran,

Here is something for radarscreen that might be close to what you asked for. The
"volume_btwn_bid_ask"  is left to be allocated based on your own discretion. The
"<=" and "<=" statements can be further broken down, but this should illustrate
the idea.

{***************************************
 On Balance Tick Volume
 Indicator for RadarScreen.

 1. Totals the volume for
 ticks equal to and greater than the Ask.
 2. Totals the volume for
 ticks equal to and less than the Bid.
 3. Totals the volume for ticks
 between the Bid and the Ask.
 4. Subtracts #2 from #1 to calculate
 the On Balance Tick Volume.

 Written by David Davidson.
 c 2001. All rights reserved.

 Note: The Input "blockamt" is used to
 ignore ticks with inaccurate volume. The "blockamt"
 can be totaled and plotted in a separate indicator.

****************************************}

Inputs: ask_volume_alert(100000000), bid_volume_alert(100000000),
btwn_volume_alert(100000000);
Inputs: on_balance_HighAlert(100000000), on_balance_Low_alert(-100000000);
Input: blockamt(3001);
Inputs:UpColor(DarkGreen), DnColor(Red);
Variable: volume_btwn_bid_ask(0);
Variable: on_balance_tick_vol(0);
variable: vol_gr_or_eq_to_ask(0);
variable: vol_lessoreq_to_bid(0);

If q_Tradevolume < blockamt then

 Begin
If q_Last >= q_Ask then vol_gr_or_eq_to_ask = vol_gr_or_eq_to_ask +
q_Tradevolume;
If q_Last >= q_Ask then on_balance_tick_vol = on_balance_tick_vol +
q_Tradevolume;

If q_Last <= q_Bid then vol_lessoreq_to_bid = vol_lessoreq_to_bid +
q_Tradevolume;
If q_Last <= q_Bid then on_balance_tick_vol = on_balance_tick_vol -
q_Tradevolume;

If q_Last < q_Ask And
   q_Last > q_bid then volume_btwn_bid_ask = volume_btwn_bid_ask +
q_Tradevolume;

End;

plot1(vol_lessoreq_to_bid, "Bid <=");
plot2(vol_gr_or_eq_to_ask, "Ask >=");
plot3(volume_btwn_bid_ask, "Btwn Bid Ask");
plot4(on_balance_tick_vol, "OB Tick Vol");

If Plot1 >= Plot2 Then
 SetPlotcolor(1, DnColor)
Else
 SetPlotColor(2, UpColor);

If Plot4 >= 0 Then
 SetPlotcolor(4, UpColor)
Else
 SetPlotColor(4, DnColor);

{Alerts}
If Plot1 >= bid_volume_alert Then
 Alert("Bid Vol. Over the Alert. "+NumToStr(plot1,2));
If Plot2 >= ask_volume_alert  Then
 Alert("Ask Vol. Over the Alert. "+NumToStr(plot2,2));
If Plot3 >= btwn_volume_alert Then
 Alert("Between Vol. Over the Alert "+NumToStr(plot3,2));
If Plot4 >= on_balance_HighAlert Then
 Alert("On Balance Vol. Over the High Alert "+NumToStr(plot4,2));
If Plot4 <= on_balance_Low_alert Then
 Alert("On Balance Vol. Under the Low Alert "+NumToStr(plot4,2));