RE: Tradestation v Metastock

Interesting question about the effect of not accepting any other trades than
0/H/L/C in Metastock. I do not know if it can be safely said to deliver any
drawback at all. Have all prices between low and high been available for
buyers or sellers during the day? Probably not. So if you assume you can buy
at open minus two points, you assume that deal will be filled at that value.
But did that deal really exist just because we know O/H/L/C? Might have, but
maybe not. A more reliable way to test against reality is to use tick data,
but since you yourself was not there with your deal, the data might have
been different if you had traded.

A good way is probably to use the filling function as tradestation does, but
only if you have a slippage that increases with lowering volumes whenever
you simulate a trade at anything but open or close.

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.