Tradestation v Metastock

Thanks to everyone who's replied so far to my query.  It's clarified some things for me.

Some interim comments and queries:

My thoughts on starting to trade are that I will open positions at EOD but
put on automatic stop losses that could activate at any time.  I'm only thinking
of stocks at present but I guess I'll need to go to futures to get full diversity.

So the limitation that John mentioned that MS won't allow stops to be tested at
precise prices, is an important one that I didn't know about before.
I would guess this would only apply to the EOD version - but that's the one
I was thinking of getting.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how large the inaccuracies this problem might
cause - would they be so large as to make any results of system testing meaningless?
Could anyone run some simple comparisons?  I don't have a good feel for this at all.

As far as I understand Omega don't sell a cheaper EOD version (Supercharts?)
any more.  Did this version have the same problem?  I ask because I might consider
getting a secondhand version of this.

Thanks for the offers of selling MS to me.  I could be interested if the person lives
in the UK (as I do).  Any other offers welcome!

David, you mentioned AIQ.  I had a 30-day free trial of this a few months ago and
wasn't too impressed, because it was very much a black-box approach.  There
didn't seem to be any way of constructing my own system.  Is yours a more advanced
version that has a programming language incorporated?  I had thought I was testing the
full version.

Derek