RE: PO 's believabality quotient

Even if I see you try to flatter me :-), many people in this list realise
that nothing I have written was not already knewn by all the oldies (except
Pierre of course). I do not want anyone to think I claim I am the only one
to understand this, and as you have might seen, workarounds are mentioned in
the standard tool box of the oldies. Actually, even Pierre explained why the
workaround I suggest was necessary, before he realised he was criticising
Omegas code and not my own. I am not the first and probably not the last to
write this kind of information, so I am not unique. The oldies in this list
have already gone through rewriting most of the code that comes from Omega
to make it work. Some of them have even mentioned that in this list a number
of times, guess you missed that.

If you consider 10 dates of data and the increase at one date of DMIPlus
made of Omega a very complex creation of mine, then I take it that you do a
lot of day trading where you use very few indicators, and that is fine.
Others will instead do the very same rewriting as the oldies have done and
which has to be done to get the results expected for their kind of use, that
depends on how you use TS.

But something that would be interesting to get to know from you is your
definition of a bug. I asked once before but you must have missed the mail.
For example, not following specifications like DMI, why do you not see that
as a bug, only as a limitation? You have been so persistent of this, that
everything is just limitations even though you state yourself that you do
not understand anything of the discussions, so it must be a strong belief of
yours, a very strong belief since it is repeated frequently.

The below code, which I would also call a bug, and of similar complexity as
the DMI bug I have shown, can of course be called a limitation as well, but
if it does not do what is expected, why do you not call it a bug? Where do
you draw the line? Why is that line so important for you?

>Value5 = 26431.31256789;
>Print(Value5:10:15);
>Prints: 24631.3000000000000000

As you can see, printing decimals is not so easy in Tradestation, they are
hard to get to see. That can of course be called a limitation. And so can
deviations of 30% in the DMI, but since you have such a strong opinion on
this matter, it would be nice to get the explanation of your point of view
on limitations versus bugs. Is there no definition anywhere?

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.