RE: Off-Topic: Application error

This has more got to do with previous experiences than real knowledge. I
have had problems with abit motherboards before, for both intel and AMD.
Maybe they try to push the limits too hard, I do not know.

Try clocking down the CPU (switch to 100MHz bus, 90% frequency setting). I
the problems go away, then it is likely to be a timing problem. From there,
there are numerous ways of trying to find the reason, but at least you know
that it is controlled by the motherboard and itīs timing settings and that
you can affect it.

http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/lev2/67/lev3/70/pid/621/qid/27217

Again if you end up resolving the issue, I would love to hear from you as I
am willing to try anything to fix it.

Deano