Re: CME fees / was Re: Unidentified subject!

In a message dated 12/21/00 11:41:40 AM Central Standard Time,
scheier@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<< But the last item, the Promotional Quote Program,
 effectively puts the emini back into the discount
 rt streaming quote category @ $10/mo for another six
 months--does it not? >>

****** Yes, it does.  And what many are missing is that the CME will offer
streaming electronic quotes via the FIX API.  So if you have a trading
terminal that uses the FIX API to connect to Globex2 you can get streaming
quotes at no cost from the CME.  The associated fees are paid by the FCM
connecting to the interface.  At least this is my understanding of the new
plan.

***** In the CME document I saw, it said: "Globex2 Market Data - In response
to feedback from our customers, we have reduced the administrative burden on
clearing members who purchase Globex2 market data for trading purposes only;
these clearing members no longer will have to track customer access to CME
Globex2 data and collect separate Globex2 market data fees from users of
order entry terminals."

That does not mean firms may not charge for that access, but it would be the
clearing members adding those fees, not the CME.  Of course, I could be dead
wrong about this, but I would have been misled by some very good people.

Regards,

John J., Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J.
Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading Division of The Price
Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker.