Re: Re[2]: Futures Truth Bashing

> tradewynne@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>  Has ANYONE that ever sent them a system been informed that the principles
of
>  FT are also system vendors? Do you really believe these omissions are
>  accidental?

Let me try one more time. The following is copy and paste from my first email
on the subject:

>  >Fully disclosed. Let me quote again from Page 1 of their publication:
>  >
>  >"CONFLICTS OF INTEREST: Futures Truth Magazine does track systems that are
>  >created and sold by Futures Truth Company."

It sounds like the Futures Truth web site could be expanded to include more
of the disclaimer text in the printed publication. I have been quoting from
their printed publication (as I have said before). I have never looked much
at their web site myself.

I would think that before someone actually sent them a system, they would at
some point take a look at their main product, which is the printed
publication, and this is clearly stated on Page 1 of the printed publication.

> "Mr. Hill is currently involved with Futures Truth. Futures Truth is a
>  bi-monthly publication dedicated to bringing out the truth of publicly
>  offered trading systems. Futures Truth is the authority on systems and
>  system trading. Through this endeavor, Mr. Hill has seen literally
thousands
>  of trading systems. Past and Present. Good and Bad. Public and Private.
>  If anybody knows trading systems, I think its a good bet that John R. Hill
>  does. He used this same knowledge as well as knowledge from practically 45
>  years experience successfully trading to design these systems.
>
>  This knowledge is available to you now."
>
>  From the ST web site.
>
>  Here is something specific. He just about comes out and says that he uses
>  info gleaned from systems he rates to create his own systems.

My challenge to find something specific was evidence of Mark Brown's claim
that "the models have  been tampered with to keep their ranking" (Mark's
words).

Your quote above is a different subject. A subject I was not aware of, and
have not given much thought to. I do see your point.

John Hill was a trader before he started Futures Truth. He started Futures
Truth because he viewed it as his good deed in life to "provide hard cold
facts on the many trading systems that were available to the public." (the
quote is from the preface of John Hill's new book). I am sure he never
thought when he started this "good deed" that it would lead to someday people
saying he should have ended his involvement with all other aspects of the
trading world because of conflict of interest. That would be a very high
price to pay for a good deed, for someone whose passion in life is trading.
So, instead he stayed involved with the industry, and fully discloses
conflicts of interest on page 1 in the printed magazine.

But I do see your point that the above quote is using John Hills involvement
with Futures Truth not as an unavoidable conflict of interest, but as a
selling point for a product. You say this comes from the "ST" web site, which
I assume means "Stafford Trading", which is his son's company. That means
this was probably written by his son.

>  I never said FT lied, and I for one have found some value there, but you
>  must be blind to think they have been completly honest. If the truth is
not
>  black and white, but rather shades of grey, then color FT dark grey.

I can agree to some shade of grey. But I still don't think he is being
dishonest because all of this is fully disclosed (in the printed publication
if not on the web site). While I do see your point, I also think judgment
should be made in light of some of the goods things John Hill has
accomplished in his career. Futures Truth was a force in exposing some very
dishonest trading system vendors in the earlier years, withstanding constant
legal threats from vendors who didn't like them publishing the real facts
about their trading systems. Finally a vendor did actually take them to
court. Hill did prevail in the case, but they still had to pay the legal
expenses of defending themselves not to mention the aggravation of being
sued. That experience seemed to take some wind out of their sails as far as
Futures Truth being an aggressive watchdog company.

John Hill has also written some very informative articles, and the new book
which started this discussion is quite good.

It is similar to bashing of politicians. Whenever someone exposes themselves
to the public eye, they become exposed to someone dredging up something which
makes them look bad.