Re: THOSE WHO ARE SERIOUS ABOUT WHINING...

On Sunday, December 10, 2000, 3:35:01 PM, pierre.orphelin wrote:

po> Less than  a week that TS pro was relased, then we have the same
po> bunch of unsatisfied verbose users that always criticize what they
po> are still unable  to properly use.

Could be that the software is not that good? It certainly doesn't do
what I want.

po> And Omega will fail with TS Pro,

It's possible.

po> and TS2000i is full of bugs,

Hey,I'm glad you agree - it certainly is!

po> and TS4 was the perfect trading software,

Who said that? Certainly not me! I don't remember anyone on the list
saying that either. Sure you weren't dreaming?

po> and we need a Linux replacement,

Hey, what a great idea!

po> and Excel add on.

Sounds good - I'd like one. I can think of several good uses.

po> Always the same story that we  were hearing 4 years ago when TS4,
po> their now perfect reference software

Who's saying that? The only thing I hear is that it has fewer bugs
than TS2k, and that is certainly true.

po> was also full of bugs ( they
po> probably vanished in the meantime because they were only existing
po> in their poor brain).

There are bugs, but I have learned what not to do and don't do them.
The bugs are still there.

po> At the risk of repeating myself, I have alway been able to use
po> Omega Products,and TradeStation to name it since 1991- realtime
po> since 1992 without complaining and asking technical support.

(Drum roll & trumpets here)

po> I have probably used and programmed (alone or with others) with
po> and for TradeStation more add on and systems with / for this
po> platform than most of the oldest contributor to this list. This
po> includes hundreds of  trading systems,

(Drum roll & trumpets again)

po> Do you think that I woud have spent  12 years of my life working
po> in such a poor development environment,

Sounds like you did, no?

po> and still want to continue
po> with it ?

Sounds like you do, no?

po> I have beta tested TS Pro for a month before release and must say
po> that it was the cleanest Omega beta release ever seen- most of the
po> advantage being that the local sever problems were avoided-.

I see you agree that there were problems with the server.

po> should consider to  check what is wrong with your thinking of the
po> problem.

I don't see a problem with the thinking of the people in the group (at
least for the most part). :-)

po> Omega is still the only serious available game in town, and you are still their customers.

Unfortunately.

po> They are providing new features and new tools to you.

They are not even fixing the bugs (oops - features) in the existing
software.

po> What do you do for them, complaining excepted ?

We paid for the software - the usual thing users do for a software
vendor. Would you suggest that we sweep their floor too? :-)

po> If you do not succeed with the software and if I do,  it 's now
po> time to draw some strong conclusions: Either I am a genius or
po> there is some other explanation.

(Drum roll & trumpets again) You must be a genius.

po> i'll tell you and put you on the right track: I'm not what you may think...

I can believe that.

ztrader