R: THOSE WHO ARE SERIOUS ABOUT WHINING...

-----Messaggio Originale-----
Da: "pierre.orphelin" <pierre.orphelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A: "Omega list" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Data invio: luned́ 11 dicembre 2000 0.35
Oggetto: THOSE WHO ARE SERIOUS ABOUT WHINING...

> Less than  a week that TS pro was relased, then we have the same bunch of
unsatisfied verbose users that always criticize what they are still unable
to properly use.

> And Omega will fail with TS Pro, and TS2000i is full of bugs, and TS4 was
the perfect trading software, and we need a Linux replacement, oh no, please
and Excel add on.

> Always the same story that we  were hearing  4 years ago when TS4, their
now perfect reference software was also full of bugs ( they probably
vanished in the meantime because they were only existing in their poor
brain).

Yes you are right, "Always the same story that we  were hearing  4 years
ago", but TS4 its now at service pack 28. I want to be constructive and i
have sended to omega some mail about bugs. I dont whine for whine, i whine
because the support dont support enough.

> If you were commited to spend some of your time on the software rather
that on your word processor to post such stupidities and nonsenses, then you
would have find that the software work as expected.

> But it's probably too much to ask.
>
> At the risk of repeating myself, I have alway been able to use Omega
Products,and TradeStation to name it since 1991- realtime since 1992 without
complaining and asking technical support.

Ok sir, if you are in realtime with TS2000 and the value of a symbol is
greater that 33000 (unfortunately in Italy some indicies are greter than)
the value does not appear in the labels of the screen. Please send me the
workaround.

> I have probably used and programmed (alone or with others) with and for
TradeStation more add on and systems with / for this platform than most of
the oldest contributor to this list.
> This includes hundreds of  trading systems, DLL coding ( Cycle analysis,
Genetic algorithms -NN, scorecards, rulebases-, neurofuzzy logic), Market
profile , and a lot of proprietary tools that I do not want to disclose for
obvious reasons ( self optimizing systems,  realtime retraining, adaptive
bars charts, equity curve trading and equity curve optimization, equity
curve constraint controlled systems - think of a mix of all above for a
partial remainder of the list- and so on).

> Do you think that I woud have spent  12 years of my life working in such a
poor development environment,and still want to continue with it ?

I work with Omega products "only" since 1995 and i programming since 1982
and i have write some books in italy about programming languages. Thi is the
first time that i send "whine" to rhis list and i am sorry if i disturb you
and your "enchanting world".
I spend many time with word processor because i dont spek english very well
and its difficult to explain problem. Sorry, one more time!!! :)))

Its NOT a poor environment, it have only "some" bugs. I my last email to
Omega i answer to them i they know someone that can answer to me about Dev's
kit with human fee. I am waitig for an answer. I dont believe to ask the
moon.
If you have seen the dev's kit you you know that there are lack of
documentation. What is the workaround for this???

> I have beta tested TS Pro for a month before release and must say that it
was the cleanest Omega beta release ever seen- most of the advantage being
that the local sever problems were avoided-.

> That's aside, i still continue  to work with Prosuite2000i that still has
for me advantage that I cannot find on a web based version ( SP Comstock
256kb Xpress feed interface - fast and clean european datas as well as
worldwide) and that  cannot replicate the problems that you report with the
latest version of the software.

> Rather that jumping into the endless adventure of the solution replacement
that continuously pollutes this forum for years with no consistent result
( remember TW and other VB adventures), you should consider to  check what
is wrong with your thinking of the problem.

> Omega is still the only serious available game in town, and you are still
their customers.
> They are providing new features and new tools to you.
> What do you do for them, complaining excepted ?

I couldn't agree with you more!

> If you do not succeed with the software and if I do,  it 's now  time to
draw some strong conclusions:
> Either I am a genius or there is some other explanation.

After my specifications, please choose you the answer !!!

> i'll tell you and put you on the right track: I'm not what you may
think...

> Rgds
>
>  -Pierre Orphelin
>  web: http://www.sirtrade.com

P.S. What happen if you buy a car and the disc brake dont work. What is the
workaround ????????? :)))

bye
vanni