Re: Problems with stops

Barry -

It looks like what you need is a counter which allows entry for
3 bars and then turns off, something like this:

var:count(-1),bstop(0),y(0);

if (test for x condition = true goes here) and count=-1 then begin
	y= {calc y here};
	bstop=	H[1] + y;
	count=0; {turn on bar counter}
end;
if count > -1 then count=count+1; {inc. counter only if it is turned on}
if count > 3 then count=-1 {turn off counter after 3 bars have passed}
if marketposition=1 then count=-1; {turn off counter if already long}
if count > 0 then buy at bstop stop; {allow entry for 3 bars}

I think that Phil's idea below will not not work if your x cond remains
true for several bars in a row, since it will recalc & move the stop
each day which is what you are trying to avoid.

regards,
rich