Re: A question about system design.

Vince Batla asked:

> Could you give an example of a "dynamic adjustment for market conditions"
or
> a parameter which "sets other parameters when the market "changes"" ?

For a simple intraday breakout system on a stock index, I use a 20-day ema
of True Range to give a measure of volatility, and then each system
parameter (ie. initial stop, amount trade is in profit before stop moved to
breakeven, and profit target) is a fixed fraction of that figure.

To show how this changes with market conditions, my profit target now is
less than half of the target at the end of Feb 00.

Hugh