Re: Upgrading CPUs

It rarely pays to upgrade an older computer as it is more than just the cpu
that is now outdated.  New memory speeds, cpu bus speeds, hard drives and
interface speeds, video card, etc.  Having said that, a cheap upgrade would
be to drop in an AMD K6-2 or K6-3 cpu.  Just make sure your motherboard will
support the voltage requirements for it.  I would look to spend between
$40-$80 on one, as anything more would not make sense  given the outdated
factor.  Also, keep in mind that this is the only cpu that will work with
your motherboard, as the Pentium II's, III's, Celeron's etc.  use a
different socket.

Chris Lober