RE: Upgrading CPUs

You'll need a new motherboard (ATX type), a new case to put it in and new
memory. Depending upon the other peripherals in your 233 system, these could
also use updating/replacing as well. It really isn't worth the aggravation.

With the price of PC's these days, I would spend the $1000.00 or so for a
complete system and use your old monitor.