Re: Omega "remains committed to being responsive"

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Bob Fulks wrote:

> TS & <snip> were officially released in February of this year.

Translation:
Beta testing started in February.

>     The 2000i product-line update contains a number of improvements that add
> functionality, increase speed of operation and improve usability, navigation
> tools and robustness across several areas of the products.

Translation:
We've fixed a few bugs, and hope there are not too many new ones.

>     Bill Cruz, co-chairman and co-chief executive officer of Omega Research,
> commented, "Improvements contained in this fourth service pack respond to the
> valuable and constructive feedback we received from our customers and solution
> providers.

Translation:
The beta testers, er.. users, are continuing to find a very large number of
problems, and most still consider it too unreliable to use.

> As we ready TradeStation for its transformation next spring to
> TradeStation.com,

Translation:  This whole thing has been so bad, we're not going to waste
any more time on it. We will abandon it and start another approach that
will force users even more into only Omega-supplied things.

> we continue to welcome and encourage comments from our
> customers and remain committed to being responsive to their wants and needs."

Translation:
Without the beta testers, er.. users, we'd never be able to get anywhere
in building our software - we can't be bothered trying to get enough real
beta testers.

I sometimes have trouble wading through all the hype in OR announcements,
and may not have translated this one correctly :-). If you think I got
something wrong, please correct it...

Larry