TradeStation.com? Let's Speculate

When they made the acquisition and the announcement, no one
really knew what this baby is going to really look like, other
than we knew that they were moving toward net-centricness. After
simmering for a month or two, we seem to be able to see better.
Look at all the troubles, clumsiness and their costs involved in
TradeStation. Data.

I was their user when WOW rolled out FDCN and the data on-demand
concept was really neat. S/W updates too - whenever you bring up
WOW, it checks to see if there is a newer update and update it
when needed - care free for users.

HistoryBank daily update service is really looking like an
interim solution for holding market share. It will be a passé
sooner than most believe. With fast Internet connection wide
spreading, it will take shorter time for TS to get the requested
data for charting from a net centric data server than from GS on
your own PC. So the next generation is going to be three lean and
mean applications TS/OS/RS without GS. TAL RealNet is already
doing that (http://www.taltrade.com/). Quote.com's QCharts is so
successful in doing that. During the transition process, there
will be two camps of TS users. We the listers here are all
belonging to the dinosaur camp, at least initially. It's going to
be like QCharts+EasyLanguage.