Re: Historybank Help

>For comparison, last night I downloaded two days of tick data
>for NASDAQ,NYSE, AMEX, INDICES, and FUTURES, and
>distributed to all symbols. It took about 2.5 hours with a
>V.90 connection running at 49KB.

You almost need to celebrate on every successful downloading.

Been there, done that. My experience is that for stock traders,
ADSL/CableModem for HB daily downloading is like NT4.0 (good
multitasking) for ProSuite 2000i. The lowest end ADSL is
256KB/sec downward. The daily downloading data amount is about 9
MB for your combination but it won't finish in 9,000/256=36
seconds due to their ftp server bottleneck and other limitations.
But the downloading will finish in minutes for sure; it is rather
the distribution that isn't any faster. Nonetheless it is really
woth the $50/mo of my GTE ADSL recurring cost for saving all the
hastles, which I had so many with dial-up connection.

The problem with dial-up is that the long downloading duration
exposes the downloading operation to more ftp server / dial-up
connection uncertainties, and the interactions are more complex.
It's "investing" vs. "trading" -- you will suffer from
"drawdowns".