Re: Historybank Help

> 256KB/sec downward. The daily downloading data amount is about 9
> MB for your combination but it won't finish in 9,000/256=36
> seconds due to

GTE Bronze is 256kbps (bits/second vs. bytes/second)
http://www.gte.net/pands/residential/dslpricing2.html so I was wrong
by a factor of 8. The theoretical optimal time is 36x8 seconds for
9MB/day downloading. GTE actually is throwing in free bandwidth
(Bronze+) as a marketing tactic for luring customers: lots of 3rd
party DSL ISPs would charge more for the 768kbps downlink level and I
found the 256kbps level good enough.