Re: Historybank Help

> Some important symbols are there but have no data
> associated with them, either at the Website or on the CD.
> I've talked to Omega and written them emails ...

Me too. So I guess lots of us did and they are well aware of it.
If the data vendor is set to Signal, the symbols are $ADV $DECL,
$UCHG, $ADVQ, $DECLQ, $UCHGQ, $UVOL $DVOL, $UCHGVOL, $TVOL,
$UVOLQ, $DVOLQ $UCHGVOLQ, $TVOLQ.

Every new HB CD is likely to have some (more) of these removed
from GS portfolio; they are all in the dictionary and we need to
add them back in for receiving anything. Quote.com had to split
up symbols of NYSE adv dec issues etc. from a single SPComStock
symbol $ISSU, in which an indicator field tells the tick to be an
adv or a decl issue, etc (etc meaning up/down/unch vol ... too,
see http://www.taltrade.com/products/support/faq/faq.asp). When I
was beta testing QCharts, I kept pounding on them all along for
doing this symbol split. Quote.com later creates their propritory
symbols for them: QC:ADVN.NY and QC:DECL.NY etc. If HB data
source is DTN, they do the same kludge to overload more than one
market statistics onto a single symbol but a previous posting
here seems to suggest that they made changes to provide single
symbol for each statistics now. Whatever HB's upperstream is, HB
needs to do the split like Quote.com once did to be able to
listen to and record these all important market bredth data.