RE: windows NT 2000

I've been using Windows 2000 since the first beta's. The last two release
candidates were virtually as stable as my trusty NT 4.0, and in fact are
better in most respects (including support for plug and play; laptop power
management; USB support; etc.)

In my opinion a big real time application like TradeStation should only be
run on NT 4.0 or Windows 2000, period. Either are 100% (or 1000%) more
stable than Windows 9x.

I run Windows 2000 Server on a 128MB Laptop and often have 5-10 applications
running at the same time including my order entry system and a second real
time data feed. I run Windows NT 4.0 with Tradestation and QCharts running
simeltanously and usually little else; have not had a TS crash in recent
memory.

TS isn't perfect, but it seems more so on Windows NT/2000. I highly
recommend it for the real time trader. I'm already running it and have no
plan to wait until the first service packs come out. But then again, I back
my systems up on a regular basis...

More importantly be sure you've all installed a virus checker like Norton,
and do it today. You never know what evil lurks in your hard drive and email
folders...

Regards
Michael