Re: Intraday Ascii to .OMZ File Utility ?

On Dec 7, 10:42am, Charlie Waring wrote:
> Subject: Re: Intraday Ascii  to .OMZ File Utility ?
> So this would allow us to use, say Dan Dill's program to load Quote com
> historical data into dynstore and then into the omz format?

I'm having trouble keeping up with the various data vendors.  What are
the strong/weak points of the following data vendors, and their relationship
to each other?  If you have a URL for each, that would be great.

Quote.com - My understadning is that they have live charting via
Qcharts, and some sort of end-of-day download of 'the works", including
equity options. One weakness that I see with Qcharts is the inability
to scan a number of issues in real-time. Does Quote.com also offer a
raw feed, or pipe, whre all symbols come down the line, similar to
Sginal/BMI satellite, or do you have to know the particular issues that
you're interested in tracking?

UMDS - Universal server? What are its capabilities? Which datafeeds
does it interface with? Is it fast?

Dynastore - what's that? I read above, there's a utility for loading
EOD data gathered from Quote.com. Once in Dynastore, what can you do
with the data? Which programs (TS4, TS2K) interface to Dynastore?

historybank.com - What exactly is Omega offering in this service? EOD
only? Real-time also? What's the cost? Is the service fast/reliable?
 I'm pretty sure historybank.com can't be used with TS4, but just in
case, I'll ask: can it be used by TS4?

Thanks, and if I've left any out, that you think deserve mention,
please feel free to tell us about them. - Gary