Re: TS-5 making headway...

On Sun, 5 Dec 1999 ribau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm running TS2Ki on a dedicated 500MHz PIII w/ 256Mb and I have to admit
> it's only crashed on me once.

Was that when you were trying to some 'development' (build pages, change
indicators, parameters, etc)?

More and more it looks as though charting gets confused by changes to
charts. After about 20-30 mins of rather continuous changes to charts, my
TS2k almost always develops a problem.  Sometimes it is a small glitch
(losing toolbars, drawing tools change on screen, unable to get data, extra
'virtual' charts, etc, etc, etc...), but often it just crashes. Once a
small glitch starts, it seems to cascade to a crash rather quickly,
especially if you try to correct the glitch. (All of this is OFFLINE.)

That said, it may be that TS will be better if one just lets it 'sit
there' collecting data and plotting, with little or nothing done in the
way of changes to charts. Perhaps the folks reporting few crashes are
running this way.

Larry