RE: TS-5 making headway...

"That said, it may be that TS will be better if one just lets it 'sit
there' collecting data and plotting, with little or nothing done in the
way of changes to charts."

Yes.  I have found these to help my TS-5

* Set up GS to collect data for only 1 RT symbol and then leave the machine
alone.

(that pretty much sums it up but there's more that has helped)

* Use the program as infrequently as possible.  Loading and flipping thorugh
workspaces seems to tax it.  Charting objects mean less memory for 	Global
Server to consume and increases that chance it will crash.
* Minimize the use of systems.  Systems require more processor time and
memory, paging files are pushed to the brink, which leaves little room 	for
the OS to actually maintain itself increasing the chances of a crash.
* Sit in front it constantly to make sure that when it does crash you're
right there to restart it.  NOt doing so could force you to have to try 	to
update your data gaposis through historybank.bomb.  The real chance exists
that you'll waste even more time working through this.  	Better to catch it
beforehand.
* Stockpile canned food for the lean months ahead as you put aside your
trading and income-generating activities to beta test Omega's FPOS 	software
for FREE!
* Restart the BMI server frequently (at least once every two days -- off
hours of course) if it hasn't crashed already.  Night market data isn't
important anyway when you have to take your system down during the week.
Besides historybank.bomb ensures that you have no choice about 	the night
data since it doesn't have it.  You'll actually be saving time.
* Always dedicate at least 1 day (that's 8-12 hours) on the weekend to deal
with PC problems associated with upgrading you PC to servicing the 	behemoth
harware and OS configuration TS-5 requires to even get off the ground.  NT,
256M of RAM, PIII proc (dual is best), 7200 20G HD, 	etc, etc.  Cut back on
canned food if you have to.
* Feel fortunate that in about a year you'll probably be forced to do this
all over again with tradestation.bomb as Omega completely drops 	support for
their non-internet product line.  By that time you should have learned enogh
about software and hardware to start your own 	company or get a job for real
money.

Hope this helps.