TS2k crashers??

I've been modifying many things to convert to TS2k. This means I do many
'Save as' ops in charting. I have noticed that this seems to result in
crashes quite a few times - about 10-20% of all 'save as' attempts.

Also, the screen does not update properly. One of the ways gives an arrow
cursor (or others) when there are operations pending. If I try to start
doing something before it is *really* finished, I get crashes, too. I now
wait for a full minute or two to make sure it is finished. On long calcs,
this can still fail, but it helps.

TS4 also has some problems during development, but my setup seems to run
OK if it just 'sits there' collecting and plotting data. Perhaps TS2k is
like this too. Complex development --> trouble, run-only --> OK.

Anyone have other hints to avoid crashes with TS2k? (other than not use
it :-)

Larry