From: <editorial@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Dr. Hermansen" <lahermansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Omega List"
<omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 1999 6:26 AM
Subject: Re: Computer for Trade Station

> -- Dr. Hermanson wrote:
> > My little 450 mhz chip is just not cutting it for
> > real time charting and radar screen.
>

> What's up Doc?  Why are you running RadarScreen?  I thought you had all
your money (including credit cards, as I recall) tied up in GUMM...

> Don't tell me you've bailed out on the itty-bitty pull-back GUMM's
weathering!  After all, that trade, as I recall from your previous posts, is
based on "fundamentals"!  What?  Is everyone going to stop chewing gum now?
No need for a cure for the common cold?  Does RadarScreen have a
"pump-and-dump" scan built-in?

> The Omega Man
>

>  ---- you wrote:
> > My little 450 mhz chip is just not cutting it for real time charting and
> > radar screen.
> >
> > Here are my options:
> >
> > 1. Dual 366 ppga Celerons overclocked at 550 each = 1100 mhz total
> >
> > This running on Win 2000.   Dual's work best on Linux.  Does TS2ki work
on a
> > Linux platform?
> > Does Linux make possible the use of multiple graphics cards?  If not,
I'll
> > just wait until February for the
> > release of Windows 2000 (cost will be $320)
> >
> > 2.  Dual 500 mhz Celerons.  Anyone know if these can be overclocked?
> >
> > 3.  One Athelon, say a 700mhz.  Fantastic floating point.
> >
> > 4.  Dual Pent III
> >
> > Any guru out there have opinions?  Pros/cons of each?  Would the dual
> > celey's make up for lack of floating point compared to one Athelon?  How
> > important is floating point?
> >
> > I keep reviewing Matrox.com for a video card that runs 4 monitors.
Anyone