Long chart benchmark

I've been trying TS2k OFFLINE on NT4/P400.

I like long charts, and tried one with about 30,000 bars. I put only one
rather computation-intensive indicator on the chart. This is a dynamic
indicator whose parameters change in real time, and the chart must be
redrawn. If I simulate a change that would occur during trading, it takes
about *four minutes* to redraw one chart with only this one indicator.

It may be that TS2k long charts will only be useful with simple indicators
that do not require a redraw in real time.

Also - several crashes have happened when I was doing something with these
long charts. Don't yet have enough cases to correlate with the long charts,
but it is looking suspicious.

Any other experiences, or thoughts re long charts?

Larry