Re: Account Cancellation

At 02:05 PM 9/22/99 -0700, Larry Wright wrote:

>On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Dave Johnson wrote:
>
> > With all the talk about legalities on this list (IRS, shrink-wrap, re-sale,
> > etc.) what is the opinion of canceling a contract with omega because of the
> > software being defective and omega making untrue claims about performance
> > and functionality?
> >
> > I haven't started such a discussion with omega, but I wonder what the group
> > thinks about the question.
>
>My recollection of the license agreement is that the software does not
>have to do anything, and may have lots of problems, and you agree to it
>anyway. That seems to be about the way it is with many software
>agreements, unfortunately. Doesn't sound like a good start...
>
>Larry

The product has been widely advertised as being suitable for traders. It
carries an expensive price tag. It's a simple argument that paying that
price gets you a product with an implied warranty. See:

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/scripts/htmlgen.exe?DOCUMENT_HE672

And remember, should it come to that, that most courts are pro-consumer. So
is your credit card company.

Allan