interpretting PingPlotter

I'd appreciate any comments, suggestions about my Signal Online problem.

I use DSL through BellAtlantic.net with a backup of Erols.com as ISP and
a 56K modem.  Either wasy, I occasionally get fade outs of quotes.  Of
course this usually occurs just after I enter a daytrade.  the signals
returns after 30 seconds to 10minutes.

When I run PingPlotter I show very good speed to each of the 10-20 hops
to DBC's server.  When they run PingPlotter, they show good speed up to
2-3 hops from me and then long times causing "time outs".  Of course
they say that is my ISP's issue.  Seems to me what their data mean is
that their signal is not getting to servers "near" me.

Is my interpretation correct?