Re: Trailing stops are invalid

----- Message d'origine -----
De : Gwenael Gautier <ggautier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
À : <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé : mardi 21 septembre 1999 15:30
Objet : AW: Trailing stops are invalid

> Uh oh, our friend PO losing his nerves here, did I touch a sensible point???

No.

> To help you better understand my position:

 ...snip

> 4 - I have never found a convincing mechanical system myself.

Very sad...

> 5 - I have never seen a really convincing mechanical system I could give my
> broker to trade including yours my friend.

To say that, you shoud have one from me!
And for the moment , none has one of my code, my customers excepted.

> 7 - And yet I have successfully traded systems which are not successful
> themselves in terms of P&L, but are quite stable in their behavior. I took all
> entries, but added a few personal twists on a: execution and b: exits. This
> amounts to several thousand contacts traded on TBonds that way, AND living
> exclusively off that. i no longer do so because it was too stressful and my
> current way of doing things brings me a better long term return with a lower
> risk level.

Like Monsieur Jourdain, you have built a trading system while trading, without knowing it.

snip

> 6 - By convincing system I mean one I can put on Cac 30min or Sp 5min or Gold
> daily or Tbonds weekly and see it generate three or 4 times drawdown after each
> series of 200 trades. This system has to be implementable in the real world and
> show real time performance for 2 years absolutely comparable to past tests.
>

> 12 - I don't expect you to criticize your own source of income though, so there
> is no need to try to convince me I am wrong. I know what I did, how and why it
> worked, what I do now, how and why it works, the rest might be interesting but
> is irrelevant in terms of effective results to me.

My own  source of income is trading the system that I develop.
With TS and with some success that you have not yet met, it seems.
I never met a 2* historical max drowdown and always have had  perfect buy an sell TS stops.
( I of course do not use $trailing stops)

Rgds

-Pierre Orphelin
Représentant exclusif de Omega Research en France.
web: http://www.sirtrade.com