Re: the linux myth

Bill Gates is one of those people that put themselves at the right place at
the right time.
He is most thought of in the beginning as a computer geek. Fact is his
genius is in marketing and business. Microsoft was no fluke, luck or an IBM
over site when it hired his company to write an OS and neglected to get
patent rights. Steve Jobs develop the superior OS with his company Apple.
Gates busted Apple through his marketing techniques then invested in them
and brought them back because he needs competitors now. He beat Netscape
after they had a 70% share of the browser market in the Internet game. The
US government is going to break him up right or wrong I think. But as TJ
pointed out that probably will be a mistake but it will not end Gates.
Linux better probably but that never stop Gates before nor will it this
time even if they break up Microsoft. In the industrial revolution Bill
Gates would have been the guy that beat Henry Ford. Computers, automobiles
wouldn't matter he would be where he needed to be because MSFT has nothing
to do with luck or the superior product. I think the same is true for Bill
Crews to a lessor degree. He has dominated his little niche market for a
longtime. He probably could do the same in a different field now of he had to.

Robert