Re: Defragging Win NT (Was: How to get TS2k to run well (was 2K for sale)}

On Sun, 19 Sep 1999 16:19:48 -0700, "William R Wood"
<wr_wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>True that free defragger in Win95/98 and Norton Speed Disk makes perfect
>defrag in those operating systems.

This may indeed be true, but if so I have a question:

I have BOTH Diskeeper 4.0 and Norton NT Utilities/w Speed Disk.  After
I run Speed Disk it will indicate that there are NO remaining
fragmented files.  Launching DK immediately thereafter it will report
that there ARE fragmented files.  Then using DK to defrag the file
system it will report that there is the SAME amount of fragmentation
remaining.  Without any further defragging Norton will still report
that the disk is 100% defragmented.

My conclusion is that they simply report or analyze the disk
differently.  Is there another explaination?

"Success is the only test of genius" -R.Adm Daniel Gallery 1901-1977