Re: Defragging Win NT (Was: How to get TS2k to run well (was 2K for sale)}

i think i might have the answer in my case. all of my ts installs were
on new puters with factory installed oem os's straight out of the box.
all non-essential pre-loaded sw was removed. i never attempted to
upgrade the os's, i just bought a new puter with the newer os. each
puter was/is a dedicated ts workstation.

now with regard to ts, i've usually waited 3-6 months before installing
any of the the ts3.xx versions, and i waited until bld 19.6 to install
ts 4 and sp2 to install ts2000. since i've got a bmi datafeed, it seems
omega has greater experience, and hence, greater stability, than with
the newer supported feeds like dtn and pc quote. from what has been
reported on this list and from my experience, it seems that as the ts
bld/sp number ages, stability in the quirkier os's (win9x) also
increases. but nt is still the best choice for beta's and early
releases (and probably any release if win9x craps out on you).

TJ

if ts started crashing under win9x, i'd drop win9x in a heartbeat and
install the latest version of nt